Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to apply for a Visa to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia? Yes, all foreigners (except Gulf Cooperation Countries (GCC) Nationals) need a visa to enter the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Can I get a Visa on Arrival to enter the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia? No, you must obtain a visa before entering the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- In which language should the Visa Application form be filled? The Visa Application form should be filled in English only.
- How can I obtain a Visa for Saudi Arabia?
The process is as follows:
Make an appointment to visit the VFS Tasheel Visa Service Center online at www.VFSTasheel.com. You may select either the 'Normal' or 'Lounge' appointment category. The 'Lounge' category gives you access to the Lounge facility at the Visa Service Center.
If you wish to opt for Premium Services, you may click on the link provided below the 'Normal' and 'Lounge' categories on the website to avail the following premium services:
- Personal assistance at the Visa Service Center
- Meet and Assist service at the destination city in Saudi Arabia
- Hotel Transfer at the destination city
- Personal insurance for your travel to Saudi Arabia
- SMS updates on your application status
- Courier services for Passport delivery
- Travel accessories and refreshments at the Visa Service Center
The Visa Service Center also accepts applicants on a walk- in basis, however there is limited availability for these slots under the 'Normal' appointment category. These limits vary across countries / regions and is based on the directions provided from time to time from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Applicants are requested to visit the Visa Service Center on the appointment date/ time to submit their application. Please refer the How to apply section for further information.
- Does a person have to apply for visa personally? Yes. The visa application has to be submitted in person along with the biometric information as per the requirements of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- How can I get information on the regulations for travel to Saudi Arabia? You can get information on the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia through the website of the ministry of foreign affairs: http://www.mofa.gov.sa/
- Where does one drop in their suggestions, feedback or complaints with regards to their Visa processing? There is a feedback link available on the web site wherein you can provide your feedback or complaints. Alternatively, you could use the feedback form available at the reception at each Visa Service Center.
- What should I do after submitting my application?
Once you submit your application at the VFS Tasheel Visa Service Center, you may track the status of your application through the Status of Application link.
Tracking status of your application though the call center is currently not available and an update will be posted on the website once this service is active.
- What are the Visa types available for Saudi Arabia? The Visa categories are available as a drop down option in the How to Apply section on this website.
- How many times can an Applicant change the appointment date? Applicants can make changes to their appointment dates up to five times only. Additional changes cannot be done by the applicant. In such a scenario, the Applicant can either walk-in to the Visa Service Center or take an appointment in the 'Lounge' category.
- Is this website secure? Yes. The applicants' personal information and transactions on this website are secured and complies with the Global Information Security requirements as well as Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs information security specifications.
- What can I do if I have a valid visa with an expired Passport? The Applicant should ensure that his/ her passport is valid for at least six months prior to the date of travel. If a valid visa is in an expired passport, the Applicant must get a new passport issued in his/ her name and attach the old passport with the valid Visa before travelling.
- What are the items that are not allowed into the country of Saudi Arabia? Visa holders to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia are required to respect the Islamic customs and traditions of the people once they enter the country. Any un-canned or perishable food items are not allowed to be carried into the country. All alcoholic beverages, narcotics and other illegal drugs, pornographic materials or publications which violate the social norms of decency and all other publications, which are disrespectful of any religious belief or political orientation, are prohibited and shall not be brought into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The crime of smuggling narcotics and other illegal drugs into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is punishable by the death penalty.
- Do I need to Schedule an Appointment? It is advisable to schedule an appointment on the website in order to avoid waiting time at the Visa Service Center due to limited slots available for walk-in applicants. There is however no limitations for walk-in customers at the Lounge, provided the maximum capacity for the lounge is not reached.
- How would I know the progress of my Application? You can trace your application by using the link Status of Application on the VFS Tasheel website.
- What is a Waiting list Appointment?
- While you are scheduling your appointment, if you are unable to get a date of your preference and have selected a different date, you may indicate the preferred date of your appointment in the scheduling form. This date has to be earlier than the date selected for the confirmed appointment.
- Kindly note that a waiting list appointment can only be applied for while scheduling, and not after you have completed scheduling your appointment. Each waiting list appointment has to have a confirmed appointment for an alternative date.
- If you have a waiting list appointment, please go to the Waitlist section regularly to check the availability of slots for your preferred date. Slots are not automatically allocated to applicants having waitlisted appointments and have to be manually selected by the applicant.
Enjaz IT Form
- What is an Enjaz IT form? Please check the VFS TASHEEL website under How to Apply “About Enjaz Registration” to know more.
- Is it compulsory to fill the Enjaz IT form? Yes, since it is a requirement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Please note that the Enjaz IT form completion will be handled by the Submission Officer at the Visa Service Center for visa categories where the complete application process (including both Visa document submission and Biometrics) is done at the Visa Service Center. For the visa categories of Hajj, Umrah and Work, depending on the country, you may need to complete this form through your travel agent. Please check the 'How to Apply' section of this website before applying for a visa under these 3 categories.
- What are the modes of payment for the Enjaz IT form? Please check the payment modes accepted at your nearest Visa Service Center through the 'Visa Service Centers' link on this website.
- Who is eligible to perform Hajj? Only Muslims are eligible to perform Hajj. Any Muslim adult who is able bodied and having the means to bear the expenses for the travel is eligible to perform Hajj. It is not obligatory for children, sick people and those who cannot bear the cost to perform Hajj.
- Which visas require a medical report?
The following categories of Visa require a medical report. Additional information is available in the Information section of this website.
1. Work Visas
2. Working Visit
3. Temporary Work Visa
4. Resident Visa
- Who conducts the Medical examination / tests? Only certified panel of doctors and medical institutions can conduct the Medical examination/ tests. Venues of certified medical institutions are available on the internet in general. Alternatively, the applicant can enquire at the VFS Tasheel Visa Service Center for medical services.
- What are the services offered by VFS Tasheel?
VFS Tasheel is responsible for the administrative and non- judgmental tasks of the visa application process for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
VFS Tasheel has an arrangement with VASCO Worldwide to offer you additional services related to your application process such as Lounge access at the Visa Service Center, SMS updates on the application status and courier delivery of the passport. You may opt for these services while booking your appointment or at the Visa Service Center.
In addition to the above services, you may also avail of the Premium Services using the button on the 'Make an appointment' page of the website. Click here to know more about the additional premium services offered to applicants at the Visa Service Center.
Kindly note that all additional / premium services provided are charged additionally and are not a part of the visa application process.
- What is the process for application? Please follow the Steps for Application in the 'How to apply section' on this website.
- I have applied for Premium Services using the website. How do I get any complementary service? Details about complementary services which are part of your selected Excusive+ or Comfort+ premium services will be provided to you when you visit the Visa Service Center on the date of your appointment.